Friday 10 May 2013

Day 2

THE MOTOR



warp 11 (11 inch diameter ) the specs where good 135lb of torque at 72v with a price to make your hair curl and i have had it for to long I think i paid about $4000 
I could have gone smaller but I had bought it for a 2140 kg J1 bedford so it is going to be over kill in the ute .
Please keep in mind that I have gone to the extreme as I have made it to take anything i can put it thru I have a friend who has made the whole car (Subaru running gear),kitset controller ,batteries and a second hand 11 inch fork lift motor for under $10,000 nzd

the warp 11 can handle a max of 170vdc and about 500 amp for 5min ( I am still looking into what is the max amps it can handle )
As for the mounting i am going without the clutch as i don't need it ( petrol and diesel car motors don't stop when the car stops electric motors do)


No comments:

Post a Comment