Friday 24 May 2013

Day 17

So far I got the welding done but I still have to sand and paint the chassis in places( the dirt was on the metal for a long time and that meant the dirt kept the moister on the metal giving the rust somewhere to start) I have made the decision to remove the power steering pump and later I will replace it with manual steering.

As for the vacuum for the brakes I will use the alternator/vacuum pump with a oil feed to the pump to keep it lubricated (as the oil goes out of the pump it will go into a container with a small amount of pressure to push it out to the pump again )and because I am connecting the belt to drive the alternator/vacuum pump I may as well use the alternator to charge the 12v battery.

The pump is ordered for cooling the controller, I will need to remove the heater core in the ute as it leaks. The plan so far is to pump the water/coolant though the air con radiator at the front of the ute though the controller to the heater core (inside the ute) and then back to the pump ( I may put a 100 watt water heater in the line for a bit more heat if needed )

I will put the controller in the ute this week and I will get the motor and gearbox back this week to so it will be a full on week
The rules say that I must be able to kill the power between the motor and the controller if any thing goes wrong so I have arranged for a emergency disconnect (not that I will use it because when the key is turned off the relays will kill the high voltage and then there is the foot on the clutch and take it out of gear) in the form of two Anderson 350 amp connectors with four 95mm2 cables (2 + and 2 -) all I need to do is find where to put the pull cord.
After a lot of thinking ( which will be my downfall )I am a little closer to how the batteries are to restrained I have always been going to strap them in groups but that's not the problem its when they are all in the tool box how do you hold them down without using steel ( and risk shorting out to the tool box) the answer is to put ply wood or thick plastic on top of the sets and then clamp that down with tie-down or something

No comments:

Post a Comment