Thursday 18 August 2016

december 2015


after 10,000 km and 2 years I started to strip the old battery box down and take the deck off to make a new battery box for plan "B" to go to riverton and back(90km) on one charge, I had thought long and hard about if I should go higher than 155 volts and as I was wanting more pickup and less power loss from battery sag ( which happens when you can not get the amps to the motor fast enough) so I maxed the voltage and I will let the controller step it down to the motor so now I'm at 340 v (100 batteries at 3.4v each ,I could have gone less batteries and gone 3.8v per cell but as I have learned the 170 volts I had soon dropped to 155 volts just getting out of the drive and since I was at the maximum volts of the controller at 340 volts I needed to keep it up there)


No comments:

Post a Comment